Baptism and Communion
Baptism is a symbolic step of obedience to God for a person who becomes a Christ-follower. The STORY Church practices baptism by immersion after a person becomes a Christ-follower as this is what was modeled by the early church.
-"But when they believed Philip as he preached the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized both men and women." Acts 8:12
-"Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?" Acts 10:47
-See also Acs 8:34-38. Matthew 28:19-20.
It is a celebration of a life that God has changed and a wonderful encouragement to everyone who gets to celebrate with them.
If you are interested in baptism, please contact us using the “Contact us” link to the right or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch three short and special videos of one Baptism Celebrations:
To see a special message (sermon) on Baptism click the link: http://vimeo.com/23927809
Unlike Baptism, which is a one time event, communion is a practice that is meant to be observed throughout the life of a Christ-follower. It is a time where believers come together as one body to remember and celebrate what Christ did for us.
Why do we observe communion?
- Because Christ commanded it. (Matthew 26: 26-28)
- In observing it we are remembering what Christ did for us. (1 Corinthians 11:24)
- It is a time to examine ourselves. (1 Corinthians 11:28)
- We are proclaiming His death until Christ comes back. (1 Corinthians 11:26)
- When we do we show our participation in the body of Christ. (1 Corinthians 10:16-17)
Communion is celebrated at the Story Church on a once a month basis.